Shrimp Stir Fry
Stir frying is a quick and easy meal preparation. A hot wok or large sauté pan are a must, as is a plethora of fresh veggies. Replace the shrimp with scallops, chicken or tofu for variation and serve with a side of brown rice.
Number of Servings
- ⅛ cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 2 pounds medium-sized shrimp
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup red onions, julienned
- ½ cup red bell peppers, julienned
- ½ cup snap peas, blanched
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 ounces mung bean sprouts
- In wok, heat oil and quickly stir fry the ginger, garlic and scallions.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrot and onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snap peas and stir fry another 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and stir fry 2 more minutes.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to finish. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and bean sprouts.